BEWARE: BEST. ENCHILADA. SAUCE. EVER!
Over the course of his lifetime, Mexico City native and Tacos Patron chef, Javier Madero has had opportunities to cook across the globe. With those experiences, it’s no surprise that he has come up with the best. enchilada. sauce. EVER!
We are so excited to share this recipe with you. It’s been perfected by Javier and he guarantees your family will love it just as much as his does.
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 cup of white corn kernels
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- 4-6 yellow corn tortillas
Chef Javier’s Instructions:
- Preheat oven at 400.
- In a oven pan place poblano peppers, along with sliced onions and corn
- When the corn kernels start to blacken and the skin of the peppers are boiling, remove the pan from the oven and carefully place the peppers in a plastic bag, tie the bag up and wait for at least 15 minutes. This process will help you skin the peppers under running water
- Skin and seed the poblanos taking special attention in removing the inside veins of the Poblanos.
- Put all the rest of the solid ingredients (hold the tortillas) in a stock pot, including the poblanos, milk and chicken stock
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 mins, add the heavy cream, stir well
- Cut the tortillas in small pieces and incorporate to the sauce, if you have an immersion blender, blend everything until the texture is smooth, you can add more tortillas if the sauce is too light.
- Check your salt. And voila!